Many people enjoy cooking the fish they catch while camping. This recipe for Dutch oven trout has been our family tradition for years and now you can make it part of yours. It is simple, easy and delicious.
· 8 to 12 trout, cleaned, remove heads and tails (or fillets).
· 4 eggs
· 1 cup milk
· 4 Tbs. of unsalted butter.
· 2 cups flour.
· ½ teaspoon season salt.
· ½ teaspoon pepper.
· ½ granulated garlic.
· Lemon or vinegar.
1. Melt the butter in an 8” Dutch oven.
2. Combine eggs and milk and beat until frothy.
3. Combine 2 cups flour, ½ teaspoon season salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and ½ granulated garlic in separate bowl.
4. Dip rinsed fish in egg mixture and roll in flour mixture until coated.
5. Place each fish in prepared Dutch oven.
Baking time: 25-30 minutes (8 briquettes on the lid and 8 briquettes on the bottom).
Trout should be flakey when ready to serve.
Garnish with lemon or vinegar and serve with your favorite Dutch oven vegetables, potatoes or rice.
Fishing news for Utah
Fishing news related to fishing in Utah's lakes, rivers and streams.
We Fish Utah Staff